7/29/11

Reruns!

My brother, Richard, has been visiting this week so instead of trying all new recipes, I have been cooking meals I know to be good.  Some of those have been from my Slow-Cooker Cookbook, all in this blog.



                                                                             


I made the Kelly's Meatloaf, but this time I used my meatloaf pan with the little holes and cooked it in the oven.  It was still delicious.  It also STILL fell apart.
I guess you can see from the picture that is is a "loose weave."  There must be a way to make it a bit denser and less likely to break up.


 Richard brought fresh Farmer's Market peaches and Corn on the Cob with him so I also made the Peaches 'n' Cream Tapioca which we loved the first time I made it.  It was great!  I decided that I like it best after it sits in the refrigerator overnight.  It thickens up a bit, the flavors meld, and it's nice and cold. Mmmmm.




Then, to celebrate Rachel's birthday, we had Carmen's Baked Spaghetti Casserole, Rich Hot Rolls, and Strawberry Rhubarb Pie (all from the McClure Favorites page of this blog) along with Corn on the Cob and a Greek salad.
  
This is the best pie EVER!  I use a little more rhubarb than strawberries to give it a bit more "zing."  I have a hard time finding rhubarb in the summer so I used frozen, from Harris Teeter.  Some stores don't carry frozen rhubarb, but HT does.  Frozen fruit is fine in this pie.

We also had the Chicken Burritos again.  They will be a hit whenever I make them.  If you want to make them at 5:00 and don't have time to put them in the crock-pot, that would be fine too.  The tortilla just wouldn't be steamed and soft.  You can see the Salsa Verde across the burrito in this picture.  Yumm!

No comments:

Post a Comment