Cookbook Page 65
(15 min. prep time, 6 hours total cooking time)
This soup is very, very good. It calls for “diced canned tomatoes with basil, oregano, and garlic”. I use plain canned tomatoes and add 1 t each: basil, oregano, and minced garlic. I have made it with fresh Parmesan and with the shaker kind. It is wonderful either way. I like to add a little more tortellini because I love it! I used the 3-cheese variety.
2 (14 1/2 oz) cans diced tomatoes with basil, oregano, and garlic, undrained
1 (15 oz) can tomato sauce
1 (10 oz) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
1 cup chopped onion
1 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 (9 oz) package cheese-filled tortellini
Garnish: shredded Parmesan cheese
Combine first 8 ingredients in a 4-qt slow cooker.
Cover and cook on LOW 5 1/2 hours; add pasta, and cook on LOW for 30 min. more.
Garnish with Parmesan cheese, if desired. Makes 10 cups.

No comments:
Post a Comment